Spring Home Maintenance Checklist Quakertown Electrician
Spring is coming!! When you think of spring and your home, you may think of spring cleaning. However, besides cleaning, there are a lot of items to check to make sure your house is in top shape. Here are some few ideas on what you may want to check up on.
Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
- Check your windows. Check for any air leaks (you don’t want your cool air from the AC leaking out, right?) Also, check you screens: do they have any holes? If you have a screened in porch, check those screens as well.
- Check your ceiling fans Do they shake violently or make too much noise? If you change the direction of your fan for the winter, (to maximize your warm air flow), don’t forget to change the direction back. Also, now it the time to schedule installing a ceiling fan if you have been considering of getting one.
- Check you AC units or HVAC. Make sure your air works before it gets hot. And if you have an HVAC unit, don’t forget to change the filters.
- Check your smoke detectors. Change your batteries. A good way to remember is change your smoke detector batteries when daylight savings starts and ends.
- Check your roof and gutters Make sure your roof is in good order. And if you have a chimney, don’t forget to inspect it. Clean out your gutters and drain spouts.
- Check your sprinkler system Make sure they aren’t leaking and the sprinkler heads are working properly.
- Check your exterior siding and paint Check for mold growing on the side of your house as well as peeling paint. A power washing may be in order or a new coat of paint.
- Check your landscape lighting and porch lights Make sure all your outside lights are in working order.
I hope you are excited for Spring and that you find this list useful. If you need any assistance that requires electrical work, feel free to contact us! We would be happy to give you a free estimate. Happy Spring!
Contact us for a free estimate: